Monday, December 1, 2008

Social Networking Sites

I personally have accounts with both Facebook as well as Myspace. Over the years many of my friends have had accounts with numerous social networking sites and they all seem to fade out or be outdone with the “next best site” that is introduced. I enjoy going on facebook because it gives me the opportunity to keep in touch with friends that are away at college ort pretty much everyone that I don’t see very often. For the most part, it easy to join these sites and, for some, they become a little addicting where people find themselves checking the sites more than they check the news or the weather. Social networking site have become so popular that a month ago even my mother, who barely knows how to use a computer, asked me to make her an account on a Russian social networking site called odnoklassniki.ru. It is a site for people who went to school in Russia and it connects them to there old classmates. Just like any other networking site it allows you to upload pictures of yourself and my mother found many old classmates that she went to school with back in Russia. Social networking sites will continue to grow and expand. I can only imagine what the social networking sites will be like in ten years.

No comments: