Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baruch New Media - Our Class Wiki - So Far

My progress on our class wiki has not only gone very well but it has also been very interesting. I have been able to find a lot of information about the new media in regards to the sports industry. One of the more interesting things that I have found was technology in sports in regards to being able to find out all possible information through unconventional methods such as cellular phones and PDAs. I have not entered anything into the actual wiki because I find different information from different sources but I will definitely add my preliminary research very soon. I have also been interested in the new media in regards to sport video games. Due to the ability of new game consoles to be able to connect to the internet, new games can actually update all sports teams in which there is a roster change and has even reached the point where through the internet it can check what players are having “hot streaks” and that coincides with that players ability to perform in the video game. New Media has the potential to grow immensely in the professional sports industry and it will continue to grow.

1 comment:

John said...

Wow! Games have come a long way since I used to play them. The ability to update rosters and the abilities of players is really interesting. How do you think this will affect the pricing model for games? Does one have to pay for the updates from the web?